Reports to: The Executive Director
Job Location: AfriChild Head Office, Kampala
To provide program management direction/leadership and guidance and ensure AfriChild’s overall strategic objectives are met through leading on the research, innovation and knowledge development programs of The AfriChild Centre as well as generate and disseminate new knowledge and evidence relevant to AfriChild’s mission.
- Formulate a robust research program with emphasis on the stimulation of new research designed to address the major policy issues being confronted by stakeholders, donor’s inline with AfriChild’s mission.
- Initiate, develop, implement, monitor and update an editorial policy for writing reports and memoranda inline with AfriChild’s research agenda and best practices
- Develop and maintain a close and effective network of relationships and linkages with Universities, local and, international research and development organizations in line with the Center’s mandate, vision and mission.
- Write and present policy paper sat policy dialogue fora in line with AfriChild’s research agenda.
- Lead the Program/ Research team and Consultants, supervise, motivate, appraise and build the capacity of staff and lecturers in line with the organizational strategy and policies Coordinate and account for resource mobilization in the directorate inline with the AfriChild’s fundraising strategy.
- Contribute to strategic decision making through Senior Management Meetings and support to the Board on request.
- Identify program-related knowledge needs for AfriChild, coordinate the generation, storage and access to knowledge in line with the AfriChild Knowledge Management Agenda.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting program development, implementation, review and evaluation processes in line with the AfriChild strategy.
- To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions on a date not later than 5:00 pm on the 16th of September 2019.
- Your application and CV/Resume must be uploaded in either PDF or Microsoft Word format and must include your contact information, academic certificates, nationality, and 3 work-related references.
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Important Note! If you are a new registrant, when you register and upload your CV/resume, you have not applied for the job yet. You will need to go back to the home page to apply for the job or apply for it within your account. If you are an existing account holder, all you need to do is log into your account and apply for the job. Please note, simply Registering and uploading your CV does not mean you have applied for a job.