Reports to: The Board Chair
Job Location: AfriChild Head Office, Kampala.
- Represent AfriChild in a variety of forums and maintain external relationships within a diverse range of stakeholders in the sector including Government, key national and INGOs, donors, academic, social movements, CBO’s, media and other relevant institutions globally.
- Develop a funding strategy and plan to mobilise and diversify AfriChild’s resource base to support the implementation of the AfriChild Strategic Plan.
- Lead the development and implementation of a communication strategy that will deepen the impact of AfriChild’s work.
- Maintain effective HRM activities and programs including recruitment, induction, appraisal, remuneration and staff development policies and practices at all levels to ensure the optimum utilisation and development of AfriChild’s human resources.
- Lead in strategy development and implementation by working with the Board and staff to ensure that AfriChild’s strategic plan is fulfilled through programs.
- Oversee operations and financial integrity by implementing appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are in accordance with the Centre’s Financial Management framework and policies, and ensure that all related risks are managed.
- Develop and manage professional/sound relationships with the Board and report and inform management of any developments that may have governance policy implications.
- To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions on a date not later than 5:00 pm on the 16th of September 2019.
- Your application and CV/Resume must be uploaded in either PDF or Microsoft Word format and must include your contact information, academic certificates, nationality, and 3 work-related references.
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Important Note! If you are a new registrant, when you register and upload your CV/resume, you have not applied for the job yet. You will need to go back to the home page to apply for the job or apply for it within your account. If you are an existing account holder, all you need to do is log into your account and apply for the job. Please note, simply Registering and uploading your CV does not mean you have applied for a job.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Law, Business, Finance, Development degree in any relevant social Sciences Discipline from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years in a top management position of development work with an interface with INGOs as well as child-focused programs with proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
- Proven experience in fundraising abilities and negotiating at all levels.
- Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems with the budget size of 1 million USD
- Experience working or acting as a Chief of Party or Executive Director or Program Director for similarorganisation.
Sep 16, 2019
Knowledge & Skills
Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field preferably knowledge of Children’s Rights and Human Rights issues