Duty Station: Head Office
Reports to: Executive Director
Our Client a Major Player in the banking sector is seeking to recruit a Head of Risk who will be responsible for establishing, implementing and enforcing a robust enterprise-wide risk management framework and systems covering Strategic risk, Operational risk, Market risk, Liquidity risk, Reputational risk, Credit risk, and Compliance risk. This will involve assessing, recommending and championing the implementation of a framework that best serves businesses of the institution and provides leadership to direct reports within the Risk Department
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting business in developing appropriate risk management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws and regulations.
- Overseeing and enforcing risk management policies and limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities.
- Providing an independent view of proposed business plans and appropriate reporting on risks identified to the Board Risk Committee and Executive Committee.
- Formulating and driving a wide range of risk management policy and process upgrades including improved analysis, systems, pricing/costing models, etc.
- Developing systems to generate a robust MIS to identify, monitor, manage and control credit, market and operational risks.
- Organizing, managing and motivating direct reports in the Risk Department, through a suitable organization structure and development programs to optimize competence and productivity.
- Monitoring and managing the performance and development of direct reports.
- Championing understanding of risk management across the organization in terms of risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting, starting with the Senior Management Team.
- Supporting management in the achievement of chosen strategic objectives/goals through assessment of appropriateness of actions put in place, adequacy of monitoring and timeliness in taking corrective actions.
- Overseeing compliance risk management across the organization through tracking or identification of new or changes to laws, regulations or best practices and ensuring that these are incorporated into existing policies and processes.
- To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions on a date not later than 5:00 pm on the 12th of August 2019.
- Your application and CV/Resume must be uploaded in either PDF or Microsoft Word format and must include your contact information, academic certificates, nationality, and 3 work-related references.
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Important Note! If you are a new registrant, when you register and upload your CV/resume, you have not applied for the job yet. You will need to go back to the home page to apply for the job or apply for it within your account. If you are an existing account holder, all you need to do is log into your account and apply for the job. Please note, simply Registering and uploading your CV does not mean you have applied for a job.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good consulting and management techniques to initiate and manage strategic changes in risk management across the entire organization.
- Strong knowledge and experience in modern Enterprise Risk Management practices in the Financial Services industry to provide visionary guidance on strategic changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Good technical skills to effectively perform/guide the performance of Risk Management activities in a manner that consistently meets established standards or benchmarks.
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent performance Management skill to optimize employee productivity.
- Good knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures, and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure