Our client an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) targetting small scale farmers and their organisations is seeking to recruit a Human Resource and Administration Officer.
The HR & Admin Officer position will assist in implementing policies and procedures within the areas of administration, logistics & travel, procurement & disposal and human resource.
S/he is responsible for keeping records and archives up to date, as well as inventory.
S/he will coordinate all travels and logistics for staff and visitors and will support in the preparation of events, workshops andtrainings.
S/he will coordinate and oversee the work of the Driver and the Office Attendant
- Ensure that Vi Agroforestry is legally compliant to national legislation in relation to its role as an employer in Uganda
- Support staff with interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures.
- Keep HR records and archives up to date, with outmost discretion and confidentiality.
- Verify and maintain record of leave and any other human resource metrics.
- Receive and record visitors in office and give them relevant information in a friendly and welcoming way.
- Review the organizational e-mail and ensure appropriate response/action in a proper and timely manner.
- Maintain the Country Office address book, transport schedule book and meeting hall bookings updated
- To keep good and appropriate records of all goods & materials and conduct regular stock taking.
- Ensure that procurements are carried out in accordance with legal requirements and financial regulations and procedures.
- Prepare procurement documents and request for quotations
- Evaluate good and services provided to ensure good value for money and time spent.
Logistics and Travel
- Coordination and planninguse of organisational cars and driver/s, in order to ensure efficient and effective work and transport for staff and visitors.
- Conduct fuel monitoring and issue reports with analysis of consumption.
- Verify the respect of the laws, rules and instructions by all driving personnel.
- Handle hotel and taxi reservations for visitors or events, as well as prepare agendas and requests for material.
- Prepare LPO to service/material providers.
- To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and follow the instructions on a date not later than 5:00pm on the 28 th of May 2019.
- Your application and CV/Resume must be uploaded in either PDF or Microsoft Word format and must include your contact information, academic certificates, nationality and 3 work related references.
- Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Important Note! If you are a new registrant, when you register and upload your CV/resume, you have not applied for the job yet. You will need to go back to the home page to apply for the job or apply for it within your account. If you are a existing account holder, all you need to do is log into your account and apply for the job. Please note, simply Registering and uploading your CV does not mean you have applied for a job.